Solving the last Hurdle between the Finished Design and the Final Product: Getting The Technical Interface Right
Navigating the complex world of electronic publishing can often be daunting, especially for people unfamiliar with the process (or the jargon) of printers and publishers. Many people trying to do things on their own are often faced with a large technical headache and often give up in frustration.
Traditionally, it has not been the designer’s job to make sure the files generated for the printer are, indeed, print-ready (aka camera-ready). Their concerns lie elsewhere within the process. This task rightly belongs to the Production Manager who usually works in concert with the Layout Artist to make sure the Printer’s specs are correctly executed.
What if you, as an individual, don’t happen to have access to a Production Manager or a Layout Artist? Then what usually happens is that printers will charge a fee for properly converting the files electronically to use with their equipment.
Never fear. Star Cat Book Design will prepare and submit your electronic book files for the specific requirements of the printer or publisher of your choice.
NOTE: This service is included with the Complete Design Package.
Offset Printer Interface (to print physical copies locally): $300
Service: Interface with the offset print vendor of your choice:
- Upload ready-to-print files according to the specifications of the printer-of-choice’s press equipment.
- Make certain all elements of your book are are print-ready.
- Should problems occur, they are immediately corrected.
- Printer’s proofs prepared and sent to you for your final inspection before the press run.
- If everything is a “go,” you sign off. It’s then between you and your printer.
…or, for the net:
Digital Print-On-Demand Interface (electronic consumption): $350
Service: Using an existing account with a digital printing site, like lulu.com:
- Or setting up an account on your behalf
- All the necessary files are formatted properly for on-line book sales.
- We do all the work for you.
- Includes ISBN, file uploads, and inspection of final proofs.
- Upon launch, your account is placed in your hands.